Thursday, June 19, 2014

Least Favorite Houseguests

Six houseguests impressed me the least for various reasons. I want to give the disclaimer that these are only first impressions, and I'm VERY willing to change my opinion on any and all of these people. 

Paola Shea

Part of me likes Paola and part of me already dislikes her. For one, I really don’t think she’ll play a game at all, but rather sunbathe and use the summer as a vacation. I also think she’s very ostentatious, which I tend to enjoy on reality shows, but her zany personality comes off as insincere. I also feel like CBS wants me to like her, which creates the opposite effect.

Frankie Grande

As the brother of pop-singer Ariana Grande, Frankie has received the most media attention since the cast announcement. I know on Reddit, everyone already hates him because he already has such a large following (over 500,000 Twitter followers and a popular YouTube channel). Since “Team America” will be voting for random things throughout the season, it seems like Frankie could potentially win any and every advantage. However, I want to give him a chance regardless of his popularity or controversy. He’s in the bottom six because he’s on Big Brother for fame and not for the game. In his Jeff interview, Jeff asked everyone if they’d rather win Big Brother, but be hated by America, or lose and be loved. Frankie said he cannot even fathom being hated, so the only possible option would be for him to be loved and lose. Obviously, I don’t like his ego.

Jocasta Odom

I only put Jocasta in the bottom because she’s very longwinded. Even her bio answers were longwinded. I don’t really mind when someone can’t stop talking, but it can get really annoying on the live feeds. Something about her seemed disingenuine too, but I still feel open to getting to know her more.

Brittany Martinez

Brittany is the most forgettable houseguest this season. I kept scrolling through the cast list and forgetting she was on the show. Brittany bothers me because she very clearly is not here to play and has never seen the show (before sequester). I think she’ll be very boring and continue to be forgettable. Good news is, I definitely foresee her eviction within the first 2-3 weeks.

Victoria Rafaeli

After reading her bio, I had decent, to slightly above decent feelings about Victoria. I liked how close she is to her parents and I felt like we could really see her grow as a person in the house. However, her interview with Jeff instantly made me HATE her. Victoria is a pretty girl who knows she’s pretty. When someone claims that people are jealous of them, it instantly signals a red flag to me. She was also snotty toward Jeff, which is unnecessary. I foresee Victoria whining and being very difficult to live with, which could potentially make great TV (we’ll see). She reminds me of Sabrina from Big Brother Canada 2.

Amber Borzota

Amber is my least favorite new houseguest. After reading her bio and watching her Jeff interview, she would have placed probably above Jocasta, but she did an interview with Rachel Reily on Reality Relapse that changed my opinion of her. Not only has Amber never really seen the show, she’s convinced she’ll be able to seduce everyone around her and make a guy take her to the end. What’s most annoying is that she very realistically could. She seems very insincere to me and I feel like her sweetness is contrived. I feel very positive (99% positive), that she’ll spend the summer sunbathing. I’m pretty sure she’ll attach herself to one of the guys or to Brittany, and she won’t bond with anyone else. To top everything off, her favorite previous houseguest is Andy. She’s filling up a spot in the house that should have gone to someone more deserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment