Thursday, June 19, 2014

Middle of the Pack Houseguests

Here are my first impressions of six BB16 houseguests, who I rank as being in the middle of the pack. 

Nicole Franzel

I almost put Nicole in my top 4, but I think her shy, awkward nature might hold her back from playing a great game. I do think her demeanor and shyness is sweet, but I would like to see some good game play, and I’m not sure she can deliver. However, I appreciate that she’s a super fan and am very open to giving her a chance. I want her to surprise me.

Caleb Reynolds

I initially didn’t like Caleb that much in his bio because he said his strategy was to use women, which I don’t find interesting, plus everyone that claims they’ll do that, never does. But he won me over more in his interview with Jeff. I’m not sure if he’ll be a big gamer, but I definitely think he’ll pull some wins out. In his interview with Jeff, he gave a weird fishing analogy, which pretty much explained how he wants to use someone as a shield to do his dirty work, while he’s in the background making the moves. I’m not sure how strategic he’ll be, but at least it sounds like he’ll try. He also seems like he’ll be entertaining, regardless of how he plays.

Hayden Voss

My first impression of Hayden is that he’s a surfer, which hasn’t panned out well for Braden (BB11) and David (BB15). Hayden plans on using his fun personality to distract houseguests while he plays a strong game. My only hesitation with Hayden is that he defines a strong game by winning competitions, and I don’t know how he thinks he’ll secretly win competitions and not become a threat. He’s in the middle for me because his strategy seems silly, but he seems fun and at least he’s willing to think about the game.

Cody Calafiore

Cody seems a little bland to me, but for some reason, I feel hopeful that he’ll join a strong alliance and make a few moves. He reminds me of Big Jeff, but with 80% less personality. He says he’ll only think about game strategy once he’s in the house, and while this can be wise, people that say that in pre-game interviews tend to float through the whole game.

Devin Shepherd

Devin seems like such a nice, genuine guy - the Jeff of BB16. I placed him in the middle of the list because his strategy is just to make friends with everyone. I know that a social game is necessary and smart, but I prefer strategic players over social players. As the biggest houseguest, I do think Devin will instantly be seen as a threat, and if he loses or throws competitions, people will be suspicious of him immediately. It might just be a better idea for him to try to win his way through the game - winning the first HoH is a good idea for him.

Joey Van Pelt

Joey seems like a super entertaining and fun houseguest, but I am 75% certain that she will have virtually no game. I’m actually okay with a few houseguests that are merely entertaining and don’t play a great game, but I’ll always favor strategy over laughs. I actually didn’t like her very much in her bio, because she mentioned twice that she’s a nice/good person, which makes me instantly think the opposite, but she won me over in her Jeff interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment